Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's drizzle season again!

Hello, Bangalore

Clearly, this is my first post in the blog, so I would like to welcome all readers.

The topic for today is, yeah, as above.

I have always loved Bangalore for its weather, one unattainable back home where I live, in the west. Everything about the atmosphere here is just nice.

It's not too hot, not too cold. Temperature usually fluctuates from 59.54°F to 96.8°F, which is marvelous. Even in the secondary rainy season, I can hang my clothes out to dry, although it usually takes them two days to do so. But it's better than hanging em inside.

So, as the South-West monsoon season approaches us, the usual cycle manifests. You wake up to a shivery morning; fine rain attacks when you least expect it; massive puddles of rainwater appear in the middle of the road, drenching pedestrians; everybody lowers the fan speed; and you get to sleep in a lovely chill environment. I love it, as much as I love the summer here.

About the puddles though, I've read in the newspaper recently of a poor girl who died due to drowning, because she mistook the depth of a 'puddle'. Turns out it was no puddle, but a quagmire with some sort of hole under it. Poor damsel.

Alright, so leave me a comment below if you have your own thoughts about the drizzle mizzle in Bangalore. I'd be happy to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment